Tuesday, December 7, 2010
• Expectations from the founder Tom Hill of Character First in Oklahoma
• Overall Vision for Africa
• Character First growth the last 12 months
• Doing the Character First self assessments, CF coaching
• Overview of CF programs day one and day two*
• Case studies (Metro Police, Vital Health, Barloworld, George Hospital, Clanwilliam High School, Ghana and Nigeria)
• Media opportunities, success stories with Radio Tygerberg 104 magazine
• Do’s and Don’ts of Implementation
• The Power of Breakfast sessions
• Project management skills and business case thinking
• Application: Business, Families, Education
• Facilitating the changes and follow up
• Monthly Character First directed work team discussions
• The new challenges and budgets and financial model
• Code of Ethics and non disclosure agreements
• The next steps
Thirty three people have been trained also in the Basic seminar
See feedback from one of the delegates
Reflected negatively on ANC "The unfortunate outburst by Comrade Juluis Malema not only reflect negatively on him, but also reflected negatively on the ANC YL, the entire ANC family, our alliance partners as well as South Africa in the eyes of the international community." Malema called BBC journalist, Jonah Fisher, a "bastard" and an "agent" before booting him out of the media briefing. Leadership
This elective happen at Leipzig during the first week in April.
The primary outcome of this elective in HR is to help participants to:
• Develop an integrated and comprehensive understanding of the field of Human Resource Management.
• Equip participants with fundamental, critical and analytical diagnostic expertise to enable them to analyze, understand and apply complex trends in the area of HR and to apply theoretical HR concepts with a view to solving relevant HR problems in their respective workplaces.
• Draw up a comprehensive HR support plan incorporating all the significant facets of HR.
Hi Mario, I hope you are fine. I wanted to share with you some key developments since your training in PE. I must confess that the character first message is very REAL for most people I have exposed it to. You can hear a pin drop during some of the management meetings I have addressed to introduce the concept. Many managers have embraced it well that I continuously get information on how people have been recognized. The Management team continues to use the character first examples while addressing employees. It is now common to hear employees refer to character issues as they discuss any people issues. At our annual long service awards – this month, the management team decided to recognize the MD for having the character of Decisiveness.
Untitled from Desmond Denton on Vimeo.
Malawi is among the world's least developed and most densely populated countries. The economy is heavily based in agriculture, with a largely rural population.
We have now set up plans again for the 24-25 June where we will train about 20 participants from the various organisations in the Basic CF implementation. To all the delegates and support team members- a big special thanks
Dear Mario, Trust you have arrived home safe. Many thanks for the briliant presentation thisafternoon. I have had very good feedback from delegates and you have real addedvalue to all of us. The Managing Director of CRDB Bank said it clearly overdinner - that if we addressed the character issue first, the rest will fall into place.
I am looking forward to working with you in the near future. All the very best Dave Kahwa Founder, President & CEO EQUIP GRC TANZANIA
Posted by Strong Message at 11:02 PM
More than clean water? Character First for a selected group of the City of Cape Town -Water and Sanitation
I fully agree with the following statement where Deputy President Kgalema Motlanthe, in an interview in the McKinsey Quarterly, illustrated the need for character training when he said the following:
“We are struggling ourselves, as a new democracy in South Africa, to restore values … Values are never a given. They have got to be developed, worked upon, and consolidated on an ongoing basis. Because if at any given time we as a society or as sections of society become complacent about them, we run the risk of losing them…. We are therefore duty bound to try at all times to bring to the fore the values that bring us together as fellow South Africans, as human beings, united in our diversity.”
Instilling the Character First qualities into each employee must be a passion for each manager. God knew the importance of instilling values. In Deuteronomy 6:6-7 He said, "These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." If you want your Character First qualities embraced by staff, share them regularly and creatively
View director's message
CHARACTER FIRST INTERVIEW CAPE TOWN from Desmond Denton on Vimeo.
View Character Discussion
Character First training Cape Town Water and Sanitation from Desmond Denton on Vimeo.
My suggestions to this team during the training were the following:
1.Establish a character-based culture in your environment.
2.Train all managers and supervisors and equip them with the character tools and bulletins. Encourage each person to take his character bulletin home.
3.Be an example of character and do the 49 character qualities assessment in your team and department twice a year.
4.Focus on one character quality per month. Hold character application sessions.
5.Get rid of employee of the month recognition schemes and recognize each employee once per year based on one of the 49 Character qualities.
6.Publicly recognise good character with genuine praise. It is one thing to talk about being an Character, it is another to actually take action on a plan to develop ourselves and others as authentic leaders.
When we see others finding their "True Character North", it helps us to see ours.